Wednesday 6 February 2013

Santa's village is growing

Hi everyone,

Look what arrived in the post this week
CCN - Santa's Village, Poinsetta Place
35c Natural linen 1 over  1
I resisted starting it for exactly 2 days and then caved in and stitched about half the design very quickly. The colours are gorgeous. Some weathered green, GAST Shutter Green and the lovely rich christmas red  DMC321. These little designs are contagious it would be very hard to stop at just one.
So..................a shopping expedition later, ta da.......

Charts by CCN, Plum Street Samplers and LHN
CCN= Country cottage needleworks, LHN = Little house needleworks

See, I just couldn't help myself. So cute. Lets just call it an early birthday present to me by me and maybe we could justify it that way. NO... oh well I tried.

My french birdcage is coming along nicely most of the accessories are stitched and ready for construction. No photos sorry. I have agreed with the designer to only show finished pieces and I will be honoring her wishes. So I will post photos when I have completed some of the smaller items.

My little house is growing slowly, this is how it looks now with another side of the building stitched.
Nutmeg Company miniature house
This is about halfway and then the roof needs to be stitched before the making up.

I have been watching with interest all the wonderful samplers that have been started and restarted on many blogsites. Nicola's wonderful idea of a year long project stitch along has fueled a wonderful resurgence in interest of historic samplers. Many years ago I was lucky to find The Scarlett Letter website and fell in love with their samplers and bought several. They sit patiently waiting to be completed, some started. Methinks its time to pick one up and put it into the stitching rotation.

Bye for now, Carol


 

2 comments:

  1. I was delighted to see your progress on the Nutmeg House and await some photos of the finishing process.

    So pleased you will be picking up one of you SL charts but which one, they are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicola, Yes I agree they are all beautiful. There are 3 that are WIP's that I have to chose from. I think I will post a photo and perhaps ask for help as to which one to add into the rotation.
      Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

      Delete