Friday 6 July 2012

My first teaching class for Country Bumpkin Australia

Hi everyone,
Saturday will be my debute teaching class for Country Bumpkin Needlework Store in South Australia. The class is a biscornu bag I created last year and is stitched with Valdani overdyed cotton and some pretty gold beads. This is going to be fun as the class is small so I will have lots of time to devote to each student.


Here is a photo of the project.
Biscornu Bag
Copyright Carol J Young Designs 2012
I have made a start on the Quaker Ball in the last post. The griding of the squares for each piece took a day and now I am able to fill in the patterns. I have decided to stitch it in blue on white evenweave, mainly because it was it my stash which is way out of control and I was determined not to buy anything else. (Saving up for holiday spending money). Took it to Guild stitching night on Thursday and got the girls approval. Photo to come later when I have stitched more.


Everything is on track for ANG Seminar in August, flights, accommodation etc have all been arranged. It is only about 6 weeks away. Yikes.... that time will go quickly. Exciting, isn't it?


Just received my next installment of FMTM so block 4 will be worked on soon.


Bye for now, Carol
PS: Welcome to my new followers, and a big thank you to all who have stuck with me since I dipped my big toe into the blogging world.

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- you bag is amazing! I'm sure the class will be a ringing success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth. The students were wonderful and we had a great day. Next Saturday is the second part of the class to discuss construction of the piece. Looking forward to it. Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

    ReplyDelete