Monday 5 March 2012

Today's news

Hi everyone,
I have just had a lovely 3 days with a group stitching Chinese silk embroidery. Me being a counted stitch person I was purely there to listen as someone new to a quite different technique. It is absolutely stunning work, the realism created by the silk is amazing. If you would like a feast for the eyes check out Margaret Lee's work.


I did get a little stitching completed while there but not enough to show yet. This week I received a photo from friend Nicki of a beautiful finish of Laura Perin's "Winter Sky" and I thought you would like to see what a fantastic job she has done.
Laura J Perin "Winter Sky"
Original colours

It is a lot more sparkly than the photo shows and the colours are lovely. Great job Nicki, congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the next piece.

Thank you so much for your comments on my colour choices for FMTM in my last post, several people have asked for the thread colours, so here they are:

Overdye thread Dinky Dyes silk no. 40 'Daydream',(blue,green,mauve mix)
Purples, Anchor stranded cotton dark 101, medium 98, light 103
Greens, DMC stranded cotton dark 986, medium 988, light 369
Blues, DMC stranded cotton dark 3808, medium 3810, light 3811
Wool/silk mixes, Dark Purple Gumnuts 'Poppies' colour 279 and Dark Blue, Caron Impressions colour 8121, Dark Green Impressions 5120 (not in photo)
Metallics Kreinik #8 Purple 1223, Green 088C, Blue 011hl plus an extra for a hi-light 2094hl a mixed colour

I would love to see progress on your pieces, so don't forget to post photos on the group site.

Happy stitching, bye for now, Carol

1 comment:

  1. Laura has some lovely designs, I have one in my stash and hope to get around to stitching it some time soon.

    Thank you for the link to Margaret's work.

    ReplyDelete